Sunday, August 11, 2013

Review: China Glaze Bahamian Escape nail polish

Summer is the perfect time to try out pastel coloured nail polishes. They are actually colours that I prefer to wear. It must be the cute, Easter looking colours that remind me of spring and sunshine, good weather and fun times =)

Here, I am wearing China Glaze's Bahamian Escape. This is one of my favourite colours that I own. It is such a pretty, cute blue that makes me think of clear, blue skies, or pretty, blue water by the beach. I think the name suits it well!



As far as application goes, you can see that it can be a little streaky. I put on two coats in the photos. I think three coats would have looked better, but I was in a hurry to get my nails done that evening and was just about to get to bed at that time! The formulation feels very smooth and creamy when you apply the nail polish. It is fairly easy to work with. Drying time is decent as well! I was able to go to bed shortly after putting on two coats. And I did not wake up with weird prints and marks all over my nails the next morning. I did not use a top coat, and this stayed on for a good 3 days with no chipping. After that, I had to do a few touch ups on my nails, but nothing major (mind you, I do do a lot of typing at work and at home)

No flash
Even though it is not perfect, it is still my favourite colour, so I already have a back up. Blue is my favourite colour so I tend to gravitate towards buying a lot of blues, as well as turquoise type shades for my collection. Sometimes, even though the shades between the different brands are so similar, I just can't help myself from adding it to my nail polish rack (which is already full... but I won't buy another one until I've accumulated enough to justify the need to spend $50 to purchase another display rack)

Do not miss this colour if you are also a fan of light, baby blue nail polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment